Financial Accounting - GAAP Concepts & Conventions

Have been reading about Financial Accounting for the past few days. I've told earlier, that this might be a tough one for me hence have been trying to understand the basics. I have skimmed through the Corporate Finance matter available on Wikipedia. Further, since one of the books prescribed is R. Narayanswamy for Financial Accounting, I youtubed for any videos and found four of them. In fact there's a channel by the man himself but I guess he hasn't been able to keep up with work and Youtube ! ;) Nevertheless, below are a couple of videos that I liked for understanding Financial Accounting, especially GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) concepts and conventions. So I hope you'll find these videos helpful too. Happy Learning !




Apart from these videos, I also came across the following ebooks that have covered the concepts of Accounting and Auditing (will be updated as and when I find something):

  • Financial Accounting - Managerial Perspective by R Narayanswamy finally I was able to find this book ! This is what is prescribed by NMIMS, Hyderabad professor and we shall be following this book. Have a look at it here.
  • Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing by ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) I again, went through a handful of pages and the concepts of GAAP is put in a nice and simple way (you can easily relate to the video embedded above) Also the basics of Accounting are explained well. Check it out here.
Financial Accounting - GAAP Concepts & Conventions Financial Accounting - GAAP Concepts & Conventions Reviewed by The Executive on September 02, 2017 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Diligen Provides Outsource Accounting Services, Bookkeeping Services, Payroll Services and many other services related to Accounting, Outsourcing basis to Indian and Overseas clients

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.